About the company
- Introduction to the Report
- About DB Schenker Logistics
- Management Systems
We operate based on EFQM (European Foundation for Quality Management) Model. For us, the basis for effective management are good relations with all stakeholders - employees, customers, suppliers, and other partners - taking their expectations into account. This is why in our organization we develop such values as teamwork, innovation, mutual trust, and joint responsibility.
BENEFITS OF IMPLEMENTING THE EFQM EXCELLENCE MODEL:
- Identification of current strengths and opportunities for improvement
- Ensuring efficient performance of the organization's strategy
- Systematization, orientation and ensuring the efficiency of the process of improvement
- Improvement in results
- Increase in the initiative and creativity of employees
- Possibility of comparison with the best in Europe
One of the key challenges in today's business is the improvement of the efficiency of undertaken actions. Our answer to this challenge is the construction of the Lean culture, i.e. involving all employees and business partners in the process of continuous improvement.
Reduction of waste (muda) is an essence and goal of Lean Management.
Every action that absorbs resources, takes time and does not add any value is a waste. The following losses are the basis sources of waste:
1. SEIRI (sort)
identification and removal of all the object that are unnecessary in the workplace.
2. SEITON (systematic arrangement)
place for everything and everything on its place
3. SEISO (shine)
everyday cleaning; another important goal of this step is to eliminate sources of mess in the workplace.
4. SEIKETSU (standardize)
documentation and standardization of all solutions and practices worked out during the first three steps.
5. SHITSUKE (sustain)
all actions supporting maintenance of the first four "S", especially audits.
If used properly, the 5S rules result in the improvement of safety and efficiency in the workplace environment, reduction of waste, and prevention of mistakes.