Cooperation with the suppliers
Code of SuppliersCOLLAPSEEXPAND
We require from our suppliers:
- that they respect valid labor legislation, especially industrial safety regulations, regulations concerning working time and remuneration;
- that they respect standards of ethics;
- that they observe universal human rights and counteract discrimination;
- that they meet legally binding and voluntary environmental standards in the production process, warehousing, transport, and in the given product or service;
- that they use innovative, energy-saving, and green technologies.
Culture of accountabilityCOLLAPSEEXPAND
We want our suppliers to understand and use values adopted at DB Schenker Logistics:
- Satisfaction of the customer and trade partners
- Integrity and reliability
- Trust and cooperation
- Improvement and development
The Purchasing Policy of DB Schenker LogisticsCOLLAPSEEXPAND
The Purchasing Policy of DB Schenker Logistics (after unfolding) is another document regulating the matter of cooperation with the Suppliers. The principal goals of the Purchasing Policy are:
- to provide an efficient an effective process of obtaining products and services available on the market;
- to provide a transparent and ethical procedure when selecting offers;
- to manage the suppliers - external resources of the company - effectively;
- to maintain and develop good relations with the suppliers;
- to support implementation of the Responsibly Business Policy (CSR Corporate Social Responsibility).
Cooperation with the carriersCOLLAPSEEXPAND
Additional rules and guidelines concern the cooperation with the carriers. Of this group of suppliers we require:
- up-to-date and reliable company and transport documents;
- possibility of delivering services compliant with the standards that are in effect at DB Schenker Logistics and requirements agreed with the customers;
- preferred fleet: environmental norms Euro 5 and 6, white vehicles with GPS (for the performance of orders of increased risk).
The following have influence on the total assessment:
If the quality of services provided by the service provider significantly decreases or if we have reliable information about partner's violation of rules specified by us in the Code of Ethics, first we reprimand them and give them a chance to implement remedial actions.
If such actions are not undertaken or do not have the desired effect, the cooperation is terminated.
We think highly of the knowledge and contribution of work of our suppliers into the development of DB Schenker Logistics. This is why we invite the selected suppliers to the participation in many projects. By taking part in project teams, the suppliers can learn to understand our needs better and, as experts, propose the best solutions.
In the invitations for tenders we always try to clearly specify the requirements for the suppliers and clearly specify the conditions of the good offer. We always give feedback and talk about problems openly: - we organize meetings - workshops with the suppliers during which we usually try to work out satisfactory solutions together.